Pomodoro Breadboard

Yesterday, I liberated the Atmega328p from the Arduino Uno, and installed it in the breadboard. I rewired the full thing to fit on the one board, changed the resistances for the LEDs around to 220Ohm (as I moved from the 9V to a 3V power source), and had to fiddle with the code a bit to get the ports correct. I’m pretty pleased with a fully working breadboard prototype. The next step is to solder it to some perfboard, and have a mobile prototype ready. Perhaps if I enjoy it enough, I’ll actually make some PCBs for this.

This photo shows all the components of the pomodoro timer on a breadboard, with a long ISP-6 cable in the middle leading off-screen.
The finished prototype on my breadboard. As I wired this up, I discovered that some of the ports on my schematic were off. Fortunately, now that I have an ISP in there (that wide cable in the middle there), I could just adjust the code slighlty to match the ports that I had on the schematic.

One thing that I might consider to add is a small switch near the buzzer to turn the audio off or on if needed.

This image shows the electrical schematic of the pomodoro timer.
I adjusted the schematic based on the redesign, and also cleaned it up a little more from the last iteration. The only thing I can see that would make it neater is to adjust that reset connection between the ISP and the ATmega328P so that the reset line is at the top, to clean up the resistor. However, I didn’t feel like editing up the schematic in KiCad, save it to a new library, and so on.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.